Fire breaks out on couch at Erie County Board of Elections The Buffalo News
A fire early Wednesday evening caused extensive damage to the downtown offices of the Erie County Board of Elections and Sheriff's Office Discount Newport 100S Cigarettes, although the upcoming Sept. 13 primary is not expected to be affected, officials said.
"I'm not really too concerned about the impact that this might have on elections, such as the upcoming primary," Erie County Executive Mark C. Poloncarz said late Wednesday. on the third floor of the building at 134 W Eagle St., in a small locked room off an office area, said Buffalo Fire Division Chief Michael Biasillo.
A couch in that room was found ablaze - and tossed out a window along the west side of the building by firefighters Online Newport Cigarette Store, to the street below.
"We're looking at electrical but it's going to take our fire investigators a little bit of time Buy Newport Cigarettes Wholesale, a little more investigating before we narrow it down," Biasillo said.
The fire was contained to the room, although there was "considerable" water damage on the third floor and floors beneath, as well as smoke damage throughout the building Cheap Cartons Of Cigarettes, he said.
Damage was estimated at $200,000 to the building and $75,000 to the contents.
Everyone made it out of the building safely, and Biasillo and county officials praised Patrick Murtha, a county maintenance worker in the building, for ensuring all employees got out.
"He took quite a bit of smoke, too," the chief said. "I commend him. He did a good job getting everybody out."