Johnny Depp made "Dead Man"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
usasmokingsale usasmokingsale
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Johnny Depp made "Dead Man"

The stylistic smirk that accompanies too many Jarmusch films and which combines with contemptuously slow tempos has frankly been such that I've been tempted to flee them into the night midway through. When nothing has been at stake -no review required of me Cheap Cartons Of Cigarettes -I've been delighted to Cigarettes Wholesale leave them half sampled.

When, for instance, he and Johnny Depp made "Dead Man" it seemed that so much superior smirking was going on in its making that I'm astonished they let it be seen by audiences of certifiable, card-carrying human beings. I found his first film almost unendurable -"Stranger Than Paradise" -but its historic importance among independent films has caused it to be a permanent member of the National Film Registry.

It's important I tell you how many people disagree with me -who say, for instance, that "Coffee and Cigarettes" is hilarious and not just because Tom Waits is in it.

In all fairness, you need to know mine is a minority view. In addition, Jarmusch seems to be, personally, well-liked. He's a genial film and pop music intellectual, Cheap Newport Cigarettes a Boho New Yorker of good standing with the CBGB credentials to prove it.