What Wouldn't Jesus Do

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
cigspriced cigspriced
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What Wouldn't Jesus Do

I have dim memories of my Catholic upbringing, so pardon any errors in my recounting of certain parables Carton Of Cigarettes Price. I remember one story about Jesus seeing a bunch of guys standing around a pit into which an ox had fallen. These guys had a problem-they could all get together and extricate the beast, but it was Sunday and the rule was 'rest on the sabbath'. Again, in a nutshell, Jesus was saying, "Don't be an idiot-and if you must, please don't do it in God's name!"

And this, to me, is what makes Christianity almost sensible Marlboro Cigarette Types. Because it is the first religion to make the point that the customs and traditions of a faith are not the essence of that faith. When Jesus stopped the mob that was to stone Magdalena, he said, "What makes you people so perfect?-we both know that your rage and spite is partly due to your knowing that you, too, have given offense a few times in your life-don't pawn it off on this one scape-goat Brands Of Cigarettes."

And with that, we had the first religion that codified a preference for sensible behavior over strict dogma. Forgiveness is the central theme of Christianity-that's where all that 'love thy neighbor' stuff comes from-Christians are meant to understand that anger and hatred are counter-productive, to say the least.

And that is why, although I am no longer a Catholic Marlboro Menthol Lights, or even a theist, I get angry on Christianity's behalf when the Yo-yos on the far fringes start setting their doctrinal beliefs up against science. This insistence on the fairy tale, as told in Genesis, about the creation of the Universe and the creation of humanity-in opposition to Darwin's theory of selective evolution-is about as un-Christian as a person can get Organic Cigarettes. WWJD? I think he'd laugh in their faces and shake his head.<br/>Related articles:<br/> Menthol In Cigarettes
<br/> Duty Free Cigarettes Airport
<br/> Cheap Pack Of Cigarettes
<br/> Wholesale Cigarettes For Resale
<br/> Smoking E Cigarettes