he company's free cash flow.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
caicai2017 caicai2017
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

he company's free cash flow.

Both of these companies fall solidly outside of the "Fragile" camp. Even though Nike'Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 Dams debt load is significantly greater -- relative to its cash position -- as Skechers, the company should have no problem making payments on that debt. This past year, Nike did have to make one large $1.2 billion payment on its debt. But between 2Nike Air Max Classic BW Dames 014 and last year, the most it has had to devote to paying off the current portion of long-term debt was $330 million. That's a figure that's easily covered by the company's free cash flow. But Skechers is clearly in a superior position should a crisis hit. Not only is its debt load much smaller Nike Air Presto Dames -- relative to cash on hand -- but it also has a commensurate level of free cash flow for its size. Perhaps most importantly, if a downturn were to hit today, Skechers would have the freedom to buy back its shares at cheaper prices or even acquire popular start-ups that might be trading for significantly Adidas ZX 850 Dam depressed prices. Because of its current debt load, devotion to paying a dividend (more on that below), and the fact that the company is so large that small acquisitions would barely move the revenue needle, those same opportunities wouldn't Nike Air Max 90 Dames Roze be present for Nike.On this facet, these two are more evenly matched. In the previous section, Nike's devotion to paying its dividend was a mark against the company. Here, it's an advantage; while the 1.2% yield today isn't much to write home about, the payout is very sustainable, as it only Nike Air Pegasus 89 Dames eats up half of the company's free cash flow. That means there's lots of room for growth in the future. But Skechers trades for cheaper or commensurate ratios across the board. In the end, the tiebreaker is the PEG ratio, which tells us how expensive a stock is relative to its growth. On that measure, Nike Air Max 95 Dames Skechers is trading for a 75% discount. A huge part of this is due to the fact that the stock suffered the aforementioned sell-off in April while the long-term growth outlook for the company remains largely unchanged. Because of that, I'm giving the Adidas Superstar Damnod here to Skechers.So there you have it: While Nike has a stronger moat around it, it's impossible to ignore the strong balance sheet and cheap(er) price that Skechers is trading for right now. That said, I'm never particularly optimistic with companies that rely on brand value alone for Nike Air Max 90 Dames Zwart their moat, which is why I own neither of these companies -- nor am I willing to make an "outperform" call on them in my CAPS profile. If you must choose between these two, I would go with Skechers. But I think there are better places to invest your hard-earned cash today. They just shared what Adidas ZX 700 Dam they think are the ten best stocks for investors to buy right now to members inside their service Motley Fool Stock Advisor… and Nike wasn't one of them! That's right -- they think these 10 stocks are even better buys.