nice if I could wear and charge one less thi

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
yaya2017 yaya2017
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

nice if I could wear and charge one less thi

I’m promised the shoes will move me. Nike says wearing them will be like trying a TV remote for the first www.ranchmistral.fr time. I’ve grown up with remotes my whole life.

“I’m old enough to remember when you had Nike Internationalist Femme to get off the couch to change the channel, like it’s that level of wow,” says Dustin Tolliver, senior product director in basketball footwear.

Adapt BB’s predecessor, the HyperAdapt 1.0, debuted in 2016 as a limited Adidas Superstar Mujer run for $720. That first go-around was bulkier, uglier. That same year, Nike sold 89 pairs of high-top adaptive fit Mags, just like the ones in Back to the Future Part II. These sneakers were more of a novelty, and they were certainly not Nike Air Max TN Femme built for a large consumer market. The Adapt BB are something www.alejandraperez.es completely new. They forgo anything that resembles a lace, and they ship with Bluetooth connectivity so wearers can tighten and loosen their shoes from their phone. They can even choose the color the sneakers emit when in tightening mode.Adidas NMD Mujer  Adapt BB will debut on the NBA court on both Jayson Tatum when he plays against Nike Air Max 270 Femme the Raptors and on Luka Don?i? when he plays against the Spurs. Both games are on January 16th.Nike has built connected footwear before — remember the Nike+iPod and the Nike+ Training? — but the company is serious about Nike Air Max 97 Femme making adaptive fit a thing. A mysterious but seemingly thoroughly built-out product road map is Nike Internationalist Mujer mentioned to me multiple times throughout my visit. I get the impression that Nike wants adaptive fit technology to be a data-fueled platform with a storied Nike Roshe Run Donne product lineage. Just like we look to the original iPhone Nike Air Skylon 2 Femme to see how far we’ve come with smartphones, we’ll look at the original adaptive shoes and marvel at the fact that we ever used laces.

These new shoes are “smart,” but not in the most obvious sense. Right now, they don’t even track Nike React Element 87 Womens steps or activity levels. They just tighten and loosen at the tap of an app, Nike Air Presto Femme or whenever someone sticks their feet inside them.

“What we wanted to do was solve something that we knew consumers wanted first as a problem because we look at things like step counting and activity tracking as easy things Nike Air Max 2017 Damesto add around that, but it’s not necessarily the reason you would go out and buy the shoe,” Nike Air Max 270 Femme says Jordan Rice, senior director in Smart Systems Engineering at Nike.He’s probably right. Sure, it’d be nice if I could wear and charge one less thing, but Nike Air Vapormax Womens people like their Apple Watches and Fitbits. They don’t Adidas Superstar Femme need tracking in a shoe immediately. While the Adapt BB look notably different than the HyperAdapt 1.0, the bigger innovation has to do with what Nike calls the “lace engine.” Every component needed to make the shoe smart lives inside that www.jennycolgan.co.uk engine: a microcontroller, 505mAh battery, gyroscope, accelerometer, Nike Air Max 270 Womens Bluetooth module, motor, lights, pressure sensor, capacitive touch sensor, temperature sensor, and wireless charging coil.